Crystal Spheres is our new line of products containing ready made solar systems for any space-based campaign. Each 128 page product will contain the information needed to be able to use the solar system in your campaign.
1. The submissions will be in two parts, a 1 page synopsis and a more detailed synopsis of 5000 words fleshing it out a bit. Part one will be due by 31 October 2008. Part two will be done by the top 50
contestants from part 1 and will have to be in by December 30, 2008. The winner of part two will gain a standard work for hire contract from BPI to develop the setting into a 128 page (~30,000 words) for
release in the Crystal Spheres line. The setting needs to be written so that it can be dropped into any system, additionally it needs to be able to be used with fantasy lines and/or science fiction lines
without problems. All submissions must be accompanied by a submission release form http://www.battlefieldpress.com/release. It is further stated and agreed that the author of the material submitted, fully understand that Battlefield Press, Inc. may already have in its possession or under development similar designs, manuscripts or other creative works bearing a resemblance in subject matter, mechanics, design innovations, concept, theme, etc., to my submission, and that said other works may be published in the future after my present submission has been evaluated and rejected and that, should such a situation occur, the submitter shall have no claim or recourse, legal or otherwise, against Battlefield Press, Inc. Submissions may be made via email or via standard post to our address. The submission is for a stand alone solar system, ready to be dropped into any space-based campaign.
2. By entering this contest, the contestant authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion
and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications, and in television or film releases, slides, videotape,
distribution over the internet and picture data storage) which Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries may deem appropriate.
3. . One entry per person. Anyone found submitting more than one entry will be disqualified and any prizes won will be immediately forfeited.
4. The contest is open to the general public, with the following exceptions: Employees of Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries, their immediate family members, and persons with whom such employees are domiciled are ineligible. Anyone who has been employed full-time as a designer for a game company is ineligible. Anyone with a cover credit on a RPG book is ineligible. Designers who have been credited on Battlefield Press Inc.'s products are ineligible. Legal identification must be produced on request.
5. By entering this contest, the contestant agrees that they may be selected to participate in portions of the contest that include public discussion and public voting. Contestants agree that while Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries has guidelines for message board conduct, the contestant will indemnify and hold blameless Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries and all of its affiliates, judges, participants, and customers for any comments, discussion, or other communication pertaining to the contest.
6. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries may not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury associated with accepting this prize.
7. Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries retains the right, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value to the winner's prize in the event of the
unsuitability of any part of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
8. Approximate value of the final prize is subject to the word count of the final commissioned work.
9. This contest is subject to federal, state, and local laws where applicable.
10. Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
11. Winners are responsible for any local, state, and federal taxes owed due to their participation in this contest.
12. Decisions of Battlefield Press, Inc. or its subsidiaries and the contest judges are final.
13. These rules may be changed by BPI staff at any time without prior notice.